Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Drink Your Greens

I realized recently that I haven't posted any juice recipes. Partly because I haven't really made up any of my own, and partly because I drink my juice each morning about 7:30 a.m. and I'm just too lazy to get the camera. This morning the camera was already on the counter, so here is the first of my juice posts. This morning we had "Green Pineapple Juice". This is one of my very favorite juices. It's health in a glass!! I got this recipe from my yoga teacher during teacher training, and couldn't wait until I had a juicer of my own so I could make it!!

Green Pineapple Juice

1/2 ripe pineapple (peel can be left on if pineapple is organic)
4 leaves collard greens
1/4 inch piece of ginger
handful of spinach

Place ingredients in juicer following manufacturers directions, juice, and enjoy!!

3 comments:

Dallas_Bitchin'Kitchen said...

Hi Carrie,

This is my first time to your blog. I really like your posts and your photography as well. I've got you bookmarked and I definitely plan to come back :)

cowboybunny said...

I really want a juicer now! I do not eat enough veggies. I would love to start my day off healthy!

Anonymous said...

Green juicing is so critical to our health! Wheat grass is especially potent for anti-cancer therapy. So is spirulina!