Monday, November 17, 2008

Thai Curried Squash and Vegetables

I apologize for my absence, I've had a lot going on, and very little time to set at the computer and do my real job, let alone blog about my cooking!! Not to mention, I wasn't able to download the pictures from my camera for a few days.



After 18 months of teaching yoga things have fallen into place, and I'm finally working toward the certification I've been wanting for so long. So, as you can imagine, there's a lot of reading and a lot of study involved. Therefore, my blogging may not be as frequent.......however, I could surprise you, I do love blogging about all of the great vegan food we eat, so just keep me on your feed list, even if the posts get few and far between!!



Anyway, the photo posted above is a dish from a week or so ago. I had 2 sweet dumpling squash from the CSA that I needed to use, but I didn't really know what to do with them. The Urban Vegan had a post a while back about stuffed squash, so that's what I decided to do with it. However, Rob isn't really a fan of squash, but he is a fan of curry, so I just whipped up this Thai style curry using green curry paste, coconut milk, brown sugar, lime juice and a big mix of veggies (including the squash that I cut out of the bowls), and served it all inside these cute sweet dumpling squash bowls.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those squash look (and sound) delicious! I'm always stumped when it comes to squash and how to prepare them. I'll have to give this idea a try.

I always love seeing what you've been whipping up, so I will definitely keep an eye out even if the posts don't come very often.

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

That sounds like a good way to serve squash. I need some new ideas like this to tempt me, as I always put it in soup and nothing else.