Thursday, February 19, 2009

Deconstructed Guacamole Sandwich

I'm sure this isn't a new idea, but for anyone who hasn't thought of it, I thought I'd share. My step-dad keeps telling me about this guacamole sandwich he had in Miami. Every time he mentions it I think, "Hmmm, that's a good idea". I'm always up for guacamole, but I don't always want tortilla chips or raw veggies to dip in it. So, yesterday, when contemplating what to have for lunch I finally decided to throw together that guacamole sandwich.

I'm pretty sure that the sandwich my step-dad had was actual guacamole dip on a sandwich, but I decided to save some work and make a deconstructed version of guac to go in my sandwich. Since I already have onions and tomatoes sliced in the fridge all I really had to do was slice open an avocado, and rip off some cilantro tops. I stacked it all up on some sprouted whole wheat bread, squeezed half a lime over the top, topped it with another slice of bread, and it was lunch.

4 comments:

Virginia said...

i love avocado sandwiches, especially grilled!

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of dissecting an awesome food item and re-assembling its parts in a different form. Your creation looks amazing

Chris said...

I agree with Virginia; it looks like these would be exquisite grilled or panini'd. Deconstruction of guacamole - what a great idea! The predominant flavors are still present, but some texture remains.

Amy said...

Mmmm I love guacamole, but I don't usually want it as a dip either. I love this sandwich idea and the fact that you've left the ingredients whole even better!