No food to post today.....just a quick note to say Happy Earth Day to all of my readers. Do something special for our Mother Earth today. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. Plant a tree
2. Give up one eco-unfriendly practice (running the water while you wash dishes, running the water while you brush your teeth, using papertowels to clean up messes, leaving your car running when you aren't driving)
3. Switch to cloth napkins
4. Switch to eco-friendly cleaning supplies (Method brand from Target are great, animal friendly, and reasonably priced)
5. Remember to "reduce, reuse, and recycle"
6. Stop drinking bottled water (get a water filter and buy a reusable bottle)
7. Eat Organic and/or Local whenever you can.
8. Use reusable shopping bags....keep them in the front seat of your car so you don't forget to take them into the store with you
9. Switch to CFL bulbs, turn off and/or unplug electronic equipment that is not in use
10. Adopt a mostly (or completely *wink*, *wink*) vegetarian diet. Did you know, factory farming produces more greenhouse gas than our addiction to our automobiles? The single most important thing you can do for the environment is to stop or greatly reduce your meat and dairy consumption.
And if ten ideas weren't enough.........here's one final suggestion.....go outside, enjoy nature, notice it's beauty, and you can't help but want to protect it.