Sunday, February 24, 2008

Savory Lentils

Tonight's dinner was Savory French Lentils from ED&BV. Very good.....even the girls liked them, and for Mairin to like lentils, they must be good!! I love french lentils anyway, they hold their shape so nicely and don't turn to mush like most other lentils. They also have a very distinct flavor that other types of lentils don't have. Dreena does this one up right, with a great combination of herbs. Ironically, I didn't have the savory that the recipe calls for, so I subbed in a little extra thyme and a bit of sage. It did the trick.

I served the lentils over some steamed brown rice. Alongside we had steamed carrots, zucchini, and sugar snaps drizzled with ED&BV's Maple Balsamic Sauce. Yummy. Maple Balsamic Sauce is great over vegetables. I did leave out the tamari though, just in case Stella wanted to have a taste.

No comments: