Saturday, August 23, 2008

Vegetable Filled Phyllo Rolls


I was reminded by the Blackened Tofu how much I liked Eat, Drink and Be Vegan, so I decided to go with another recipe from it tonight. This time I tried the Moroccan Infused Vegetable Phyllo Rolls with Balsamic Maple Sauce. Once again, Dreena did not disappoint. This is super simple to make, yet it's such an interesting dish you'd think it took hours (well, actually, it does take hours, but that's just baking, not actual "in the kitchen" work). I used the vegetables that are called for in the recipe, but really I think you could use just about any combination you had on hand......actually, I was thinking that some yam would be fantastic in this dish. And while I did add the dried apricot, I really think it could do with out. The apricots got a little hard in the roasting process, and they didn't add that much sweetness to the dish.
My mom and brother both came over for dinner tonight, and both very much enjoyed this dinner. They are often critical of my vegan food, so I'm always thrilled when I've made something that they enjoy (which, for the record, is most of the time!!).

1 comment:

Susan Chipley said...

Oh, my! That looks absolutely fantastic. I may have to put that one on my list.