Friday, January 25, 2008

Pizza was all I could muster.


I don't know what's wrong with me this week. I had lots of meals planned for this week, and I bought all of the groceries I needed, unlike last week, but despite all of that, I've hardly cooked a thing. I just don't seem to have the energy to do it this week.

Last night I had planned on making a home made minestrone, but as I stood in the kitchen yesterday morning and thought of all of the veggies that needed chopped and the prep work that needed to be done, it just all seemed too overwhelming. So, I opted to pull a ball of pizza dough out of the freezer to thaw and leave the veggies in the crisper for another day or two (unfortunately I don't think my zucchini is ever going to make it into a dish!!). We had cheese pizza topped with black olives and tomatoes, and I managed to throw a salad together on the side. Admittedly, a very sad meal, but it has been quite some time since we've had pizza, and it did taste really delicious.

I have something warm and comforting in the crock pot for this evening that I'll blog about later. Tomorrow is my grocery shopping day, so hopefully I'll have some more delicious dinners for ya'll next week.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I used to do this ALL the time, buy a bunch of groceries and then never feel like cooking anything I'd planned.

Now I do a big shop for staples and then we decide on the day what we're having and I pop to the local shop for the fresh veggies. I waste a lot less food (although I probably run up the cost in petrol!)

Pizza's never boring. I think it's a favourite of just about everyone (and yours looks yummy!)