Saturday, January 26, 2008

Soup, Day 2


I love soup in the winter time, I could eat it most days of the week if my family wouldn't tire of it. It's so warm and comforting, and it just feels so good to sit down to a nice bowl of soup on a cold day. So, given my love of soup, I present to you "soup, day 2".

Thursday I was watching the Martha Stewart Show, and Katherine Heigl was her guest. I think I've mentioned before that Grey's Anatomy is my guilty pleasure on Thursday nights (or at least it was before this damn writers strike). Anyway, Martha was teaching Katherine how to make tomato soup, as it's her new husband's (Katherine's new husband that is) favorite soup. It sounded so delicious, and looked so easy to make, so I decided to try my hand at it this evening. Delicious and simple it was!! And, I love that it has the look, taste and texture of creamed tomato soup, only, without the cream. I pretty much followed the recipe, only for the chicken stock I subbed Imagine's No-Chicken Broth.

And, what's tomato soup without grilled cheese?? So, I made up some grilled cheese with some organic whole wheat bread and some organic Swiss. We also had a spinach salad dressed with warm balsamic-dijon vinaigrette. Now, if that's not comfort food, I don't know what is.

No comments: