Sunday, May 4, 2008

Vegan Grillin'

Whew, one final post for today, then maybe I can keep up with this blog again!!! Although, as the weather continues to get nicer by the day, my computer usage is dwindling, so it remains to be seen I guess.

Today was an absolutely gorgeous day. It was sunny, warm (but not too hot), and the wind of the past 2 days has finally stopped. I knew I wouldn't want to be in the kitchen cooking dinner tonight, so I opted for a dinner made almost entirely on the grill. We had tofu kabobs and grilled polenta. I did hit the stove to saute a bit of red chard to go along with it.

I started this morning by pressing the tofu for a few hours, then marinading it in some olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, basil and oregano. Then, when it was time for dinner, I skewered the tofu, some zucchini, onion, bell pepper and cherry tomatoes. I sliced a tube of polenta, then threw it all on the heated grill.

It turned out very nice, although, I wasn't a big fan of the grilled polenta (Rob however, ate most of the tube himself!!). The tofu was freakishly chicken like, and I've saved the left-overs to go on a salad for lunch tomorrow.

I had plans for a Cinco de Mayo dinner tomorrow, but I got invited to play bunco with some friends, so my hubby and kiddos will be on their own tomorrow evening, and my Mexican feast will have to wait until another day. I'll be back on Tuesday.

By the way, Tuesday is election day here in Indiana..............all of you Hoosiers, get out and VOTE. I'll anxiously be watching the returns as, Obama and Clinton are in a dead heat here in the Hoosier state, so my Tuesday post may not make it up until Wednesday!!

No comments: