Monday, June 23, 2008

Layered Rigatoni Bake

A simple pasta dish I threw together that the family just went crazy for. Layers of Quick Tomato Sauce (recipe to follow), Rigatoni, and Tofu-Basil Ricotta from Vegan with a Vengeance. I had intended to stuff each rigatoni with the ricotta, cover with the tomato sauce and then bake. But, as I was stuffing the rigatoni my pastry bag burst open. The rigatoni are too small to stuff with a spoon, so I just layered it all lasagna style and threw it in the oven. It turned out fantastic. I can't wait to use the ricotta again, I have so many ideas for it....stuffed shells, pizza, panini, the possibilities are endless.

Quick Tomato Sauce

1 28oz can Crushed Tomato with Basil

1/4 tsp Garlic Powder

2 Tbs Tomato Paste

2 tsp. unrefined sugar

1 tsp dried basil

1 tsp dried oregano

Add all ingredients to a sauce pot, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for as long as you have time to. Quick and simple.

1 comment:

Charlie Blockhead said...

Congratulations on your recent honor of being named a Best Of Blog winner. The winner buttons have now arrived and all you have to do to receive yours is send an email to my address below with the subject line of “Winner’s Button”. I will start sending these out this week.
Thank you,
Bill Beck
Best Of Blog Awards
Email:bloggerbeck@aol.com