Sunday, June 29, 2008

Cookies n' Cream Cupcakes


I finally got my hands on a copy of Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. With 2 birthdays coming up in less than a month I thought it was time to expand my cupcake repetoire a bit. Now comes the fun part.......sampling these yummy recipes in search of just the right cupcakes to make for the girls parties!!
Our first test was Cookies n Cream. Very, very good, although the icing is a little too sweet for my tastes. I will definately make these again, only I'll add less powdered sugar in the icing, and I'll also use less soy milk, as the icing didn't set up as firm as I like it.

2 comments:

Susan Chipley said...

Oh, yum! Those look so good. If the recipe for Coconut Heaven cupcakes is in there (it's in VWaV), you MUST try it.

carrie said...

Actually, they aren't in there, but I have VwaV, and I was all set to make the Coconut Heaven cupcakes until I got my hands on VCTOTW. I"m sure I'll get to them soon!!